1. To motivate older citizens to realize that legislative involvement is a primary responsibility of effective citizenship.
2. To help older Texans know that if they are to become a viable political force, they must become informed and knowledgeable about the issues facing our community, state and nation.
3. To develop a forum for older persons to discuss and debate issues concerning not only their own welfare, but also that of others.
4. To educate the Silver-Haired Legislators in their advocacy role in order that they may continue their involvement in legislative matters in their local community.
5. To provide a model legislative body in which the Silver-Haired Legislators will have the opportunity to introduce, discuss, and pass resolutions dealing with major concerns of our state.
6. To work for the passage in the
regular Texas Legislature of resolutions adopted by the TSHL,
especially those that were prioritized.