6200 Lake Way
N. Richland Hills, TX 76180
Office - Speaker Pro Tem
Serving 3rd term
Chair, State Affairs 2 terms
Speaker ProTem 2016-2017
Graduated from Baylor University in 1960. Retired from Electronic Data Systems. Served on the Tarrant County United Way Board of Directors as Co-Chair of the Health Council; served as the Chair of the Leadership Team at Richland Hills United Methodist Church and teacher of senior adult class. Served as the President of a local women’s club and member of North East Senior Community Forum, North East chapter of Delta Delta Delta and the Baylor Women's Network.
Mona Bailey is active in the political arena as Election Judge since 2002, currently serving as a Precinct Chair. During the 84th Texas Legislature, five bills were signed by the Governor, relating to Resolutions authored by Mona Bailey.
• SB 512 - The promulgation of certain forms for use in probate matters. R 24
• SB 760 - Included an amendment to establish an enhanced Medicaid managed care consumer support system. R 45
• SB 1881 - Authorizing supported decision-making agreements for certain adults with disabilities. R56
• SB 1882 - A bill of rights for wards under guardianship. R 1
• HB 39 - Relating to guardianships for incapacitated persons. R 66
She received the 2015 Executive Committee Performance Award
Mona and her husband Bill have 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters and have been married for 55 years.